Looking for Triangle Area Dive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PVnRT

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to both North Carolina and to scubaboard.com. I haven't gotten in any dives since I moved to Durham in June. Needless to say I've got the shakes! I brought all my gear with me (sans tanks), but am lacking someone to dive with. The tanks I can rent. The dive buddy, not so much.

I'm a busy first year teacher so I don't really have the time or money to take a trip to the coast to do any wreck diving (although that is the eventual goal), so I've been eyeballing closer/cheaper destinations. The location that caught my eye is Fantasy Lake Scuba Park, about 40 minutes-ish from here, but I'd be willing to go a bit further. Just bought myself a dry suit that I'm itching to break in, so I was hoping to get in a couple dives one of these upcoming weekends.

If anyone is available and interested in heading out to get wet one of these upcoming Saturdays, please let me know! Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the board.
There are a lot of divers in the area. You might want to post/ask on NC Divers and there is a facebook page(guess its a page- I try to avoid FB) that are active with local divers looking to dive. Also, consider coming to the Down Under Scuba dive club meeting. We meet the second Tue of each month in Cary....although in Dec we have a Christmas party which is on a different date. Call the shop for more details.

Much appreciated! I'll check out NC Divers. Not on facebook any longer, although the opportunity to get more involved with the local dive community almost makes me consider going back to it. Appreciate the kind welcome.

Know what you mean... hate FB. We are having a hacker issue on NCD right now so don't let the excess post scare you off...it will be fixed soon.

Do they have a new member freeze over at NCDivers right now? I signed up for an account but it says I have to wait for administrator approval. Says to contact an admin if my account doesn't get activated, but as far as I can tell I need an account to contact anybody. Makes it a little... impossible to get in. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

The board admin. is out of town this week.
admin@ncdivers.com

Do they have a new member freeze over at NCDivers right now? I signed up for an account but it says I have to wait for administrator approval. Says to contact an admin if my account doesn't get activated, but as far as I can tell I need an account to contact anybody. Makes it a little... impossible to get in. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

Sorry about that, like I said above, the board is having a hacker problem and had to restrict new members unitl the issue is delt with and since our members really dive, they are sometimes out diving. :)

Welcome to the area PvnRT. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding someone in the area to dive with. What are you doing New Years Day? A lot of dive shops and NCDivers members meet at Fantasy Lake for a dive and some hot food. It would be a great time to meet some good people.

Sent by using my Infected Nusense Thunderbolt

Just thought I'd update. Finally got issues cleared up and got my account set up over at NCdivers. Thanks for the help, all.

Also, if I'm in the area on New Years Day, I'll definitely come out to FL.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom