Where to attach octo on BP/W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kazinvan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have recently purchased a backplate/wing and I'm in the process of rigging everything. I'm going diving tomorrow but have a question. Where do I clip the octo to the harness? I'm not using a long hose, so I need to place the octo in the "triangle", but the shoulder d-ring seems to high and the lower d-ring (on the waist) seems too low. Just curious as to how others attach theirs.

Thanks

The right shoulder D-Ring is fine.

Necklace?

Move or put in another D ring?

boomx5:
You don't need a long hose to put your back up on a necklace. What if he had one of those integrated inflator/octos like the "Air2", would he need a long hose then?
Hopefully he'd have one longer than a normal reg hose.. have you tried sharing air with those? What a pain.

boomx5:
You don't need a long hose to put your back up on a necklace. What if he had one of those integrated inflator/octos like the "Air2",

good point..

boomx5:
would he need a long hose then?

i had one..and to be honest yeah he would, they are a pain in the *** if the main hose is too short...

I plan to put my dive light on my right d-ring so I don't think I want the octo there as well (I don't have a canister yet). I may add another d-ring as suggested lower on my right side.

Reconfiguring my gear seems to be the biggest chanllenge so far. The streamlined harness gives me fewer attachment points and there are less spots to stash gear. The jacket I was using before had huge pockets and all kinds of plastic clips and rings on it. I know that is what I'm trying to move away from, but it's not easy finding a spot for all the various bits.

Back
Top Bottom