Mach V Bp/w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barrmust

Contributor
Reaction score
my first experience with a BP/W set up was this weekend. first off i purchased the wing from Scuba Toys and was very happy with the price and the service. they gave me a 10% discount for being a scubaboard member (just mention that you are). i bought a oxycheq mach v wing and am very happy with the quality and how it worked in the water. i also am using a hammerhead plate and it worked out great with the wing. the wing is very streamlined and narrow compared to most i have seen. i also like the replaceable bladder. i cant say enough about the quality of the wing or the service and price from scuba toys.

the first dive was all about getting my weight correct and positioned correctly. the second dive went great. i have been using a jacket bc till now and i dont think i will be going back. i went from 8# of weight to 4# weight from the jacket to the BP/W. i had only 4# of weight and put that on a tank band. i had no problems with face planting with the weight back there. i definetly need some more experience with it and exact weight placement but it went much easier than i thought it would. i kind of wish i had taken the BP/W plunge sooner. i have a feeling my sister in law will be getting a good deal on a jacket bc.

Russ

Russ.

I am looking at buying the same setup.
Did you get the SS or AL backplate?
Is a STA recommended or needed for the Mach V?
What's the total price you paid for everything?
I need to do my budget.

Wing
Backplate
Harness
Weight Pockets
CamBands.
(I am missing anything?)

It's hard to pick... Halcyon Eclipse/Pioneer MC system or build a something with the Mach V

An STA is required with the Mach V. It's very narrow (there are pics in the BC forum) and one of the ways it achieves the narrowness is by eliminating the space for cam band slots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom