Mares Dragon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Mighty Thor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have any experience with this BC? I'm looking at this and the Sherwood Axis

We've sold a fair number of them so far, and people have been very positive. I tried it in the pool, and I like it for a jacket style BC, but I'm a little more of a back inflate guy myself.

Overall, we are selling a more of the standard than the Air Trim dragons, as if looking for the air trim, the customers are normally just snapping up the LE Metal Air trim bc, since those are in a sub 400 price point with the air trim, and really what the dragon was designed after.

Anyone, Anyone, ...Bueler?

Steely,

Here is a heads up. The Dragon BCD is a "testers choice" BCD in the August edition of Scuba Diving magazine. This is a great bc and an exceptional value considering all of the features and benefits this bc has relative to similar or more expensive BCD's.

Good diving to you,

I have owned a dragonfly airtrim BC for about 4 years and love it . It is really well made and I like the combo jacket & back buoyancy

scubatoys:
Overall, we are selling a more of the standard than the Air Trim dragons, as if looking for the air trim, the customers are normally just snapping up the LE Metal Air trim bc, since those are in a sub 400 price point with the air trim, and really what the dragon was designed after.

Arrrrrggghhhh...you would have to throw a monkey wrench into my plans :D ... My wife and I had pretty much settled on the Dragon, now I see this LE Metal w/ air trim. What are the differences between that and the Dragon? I like how the BC kind of 'wraps around' the tank in the back on the Dragon - does the LE Metal have that?

Dang, now I have something else to obsess over....

David

I just tried out the Dragon BC for the first time, and I am glad I bought it. It is very comfortable. Great padding in the shoulder and back. Fit like a dream. I had to walk quite a distance geared up and the back padding made a world of difference. I knew the weight was there, but couldn't feel the tank, which never moved an inch during the dive. I had no problems getting horizontal, like other jacket styles. The weight pockets are a little sticky for dumping weight. The only down side is that all the padding makes the BC a little heavy, but not any more than other similar jacket style BCs

I bought the LE Metal BC from Scubatoys a couple months ago. I have just returned from one month of Diving In SE Asia and other than for the BS being a bit heavy when being carried in my luggage, I love this BSC.
It is very confortable, plenty of space in the pockets. Once I got a hang of the Airtrim, I just can t think of using another BC. My favorite is being able to trim in any position.

steely123:
Does anyone have any experience with this BC? I'm looking at this and the Sherwood Axis

ScubaLab's newly published review choose the Mares Dragon #1 jacket style BC's.

I've been diving it every weekend for the last month and I really like it.

Back
Top Bottom