Tusa Imprex Pro BCJ-4900

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwtan

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Anyone out there use or heard about the Imprex Pro BC? It's a back bouyant BC from Tusa. I've been thinking to get either this or Aqualung Malibu RDS. I've not made up my mind on which to get yet.. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanx..

cwtan,

I am still very new to diving so take this with a grain of salt. I just recently purchased the AquaLung Malibu RDS and have been in the water with it once. I was extremely happy with it compared to the rental I was using. It felt great. The only thing I will have to adjust to is the tendency to go face forward at the surface because of all the float being in the back. I need to work on the ratio of trim weight versus ditch weight.

Good luck.

Jim

Hi cwtan

I have an Imprex Pro and am quite happy with it. Compared to other BCs I've used I find it very comfortable and easy to deal with. I'm also very pleased with the integrated weight system - very easy to put on and ditch off.
Is there any special thing you want to ask?

Sue

Hello Sue & BetterLateThannever,
Thanks for the replies.. Nothing really specific I'd like to ask actually.. but I've been hearing lots of people saying that back-bouyant BCs tends to push you forward when you are at the surface, is it really that annoying?
I'm from a small country that don't have lots of dive sites so I need to travel for dives. Is the Imprex Pro very portable? I mean is it difficult to pack up or you'll have to wait for days before it's dry enough to hit the road?
cheers,
cwtan

Cwtan

I really don't notice that the Imprex push you forward at the surface. What I DO notice is the difference from not having a full BC on the front and have plenty of pocket place to put knife, backup light, compass and so on...
In what concerns being portable, I've traveled to Yucatan (3 flights and three planes)and back, with all my stuff and I think the Imprex is as much portable as any other BC, same applies to drying time.

Hoping this helps you to make your decision.

Sue

No it's no more difficult to pack up than any other BCD. It is different from a lot of other back inflates though, in that it does not have the tendency to push you face down. It is specifically designed not to do so and that is one of its selling points. The straps allow the "wings" to be brought in much like a front adjustable, reducing drag, or loosened off when it's inflated. It's quite well set up to hang things off. It's pockets are a little inadequate, but unless you like storing heaps of stuff in them, who cares.The harness is independent of the aircell, so you won't get squeezed. I have just passed mine on to my 14yo son. It is about 300 dives old and still in excellent condition, its slightly faded appearance being the only giveaway to its age.

cwtan,

No, it isn't really that annoying, just have to adjust the trim weight properly in order to be neutral in a vertical position. The Malibu seems portable enough and I'm with Sue concerning the convenience of the front pocket.

Jimbo

The TUSA does look very good and its specs/features list is impressive.

Other products to look at that can be bought in the same price range if you shop around:

Mares Synchro Power Tech
Zeagle Ranger
IDI Advantage

Bruno

I have the Imprex pro and I have been happy with it, except for: It's too bulky to pack and the integrated weights aren't implemented as good as some other BCDs. You can't put them in if you are wearing the BCD. If you are a little shorter, the two tankstraps may force the tank to be high enough for you to bang your head against the first stage.

/Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom