BC decision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conce

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
:)
Hi! I live in Portugal and I´m an Open Water Diver (female) with new experience in diving.

I want to buy a BC that fits and feels rigth for me. And I have been reading the messages that indicated the Aqua-Lung models (Diva Lx).

I wonder if someone have information about the models from Mares (Ladies).

Thank you

Sorry Conce, I do not know about the Aqua Lung models. This past summer my daughter did try the new Zeagle Zena, (designed and cut especially for women), and it was the first BC that actually "fit" her! A friend went diving with us, liked, tried it, and bought herself one that same week as well!

Thank you for the answer.

You know, in Portugal it is difficult to see small bcds from several manufacturers (and from many models) because the dive centers don´t have them. 95% of the divers in Portugal are from the male sex (study from 1998) and diving it is still an expensive hobby.

I´m going to England in a few months, so maybe I´m going buy one there.

Thank you again.

Conceição.

Olá, é bom ver aqui mergulhadores Portugueses, neste caso mergulhadora!. Quanto á tua questão, os modelos a que te referes não os conheço pessoalmente, mas se fores ao site (www.divernet.com/gear/testindx.htm[/url]), talvez te esclareças melhor acerca das várias opções. Para comprares experimenta o site (www.cascoantiguo.com[/url]) têm preços excelentes.
Bons mergulhos:D :wink:

Those Portugese, they have a different word for EVERYTHING! :)

Obrigada pela valiosa informação, principalmente no que refere ao site (www.cascoantiguo.com[/url]), cujos preços dos produtos são de facto excelentes. É muito bom ler em português.

Passo a escrever em inglês de modo que todos entendam.

I have a real problem finding a bc because I´m 1.47 cm and a small torso. The diving centers usually don´t have the women models (in extra-small) and I usually dive with a male bc (size small) which is too big for me.

This forum has been very useful to me because I could read the problems of another petit women and they like very much the Aqua-Lung models (Diva Lx), Zeagle Zena, Oceanic Isla, LadyHawk Scubapro; models that in Portugal are not well know. In Portugal, my instructor adviced me to buy a woman model from Mares and so I posted here to see if someone have already dived with this model.

I´m still looking for a bc and I already have gone to several diving shops in Portugal and they don´t have these models in XS size for me to try on. I have been to England, in Christmas (Norwich) and because it was Christmas they didn´t have a lot of models. So I tried the Isla (Oceanic), size Medium and it was too big. The guy told me that the small size would fit me (he didn´t have that on the store and it would take a week to arrive in Norwich). So, I guess I have to buy from Internet and pray.

Thanks for everything.

the DUI Delta BC. It is a back inflate BC that is fully adjustable from small to XL (maybe XXL). It is weight integrated. The weight pockets do come off. Great BC...Might work well for the ladies.........:gorgeous:

:) Boas, já experimentas-te ir á setunautica!(setúbal), eu o mês passado comprei lá um colete seac-sub protech, e estava lá um modelo de senhora, não sei se seria o xs, mas se estiveres mesmo interessada, o material vem em 15 dias!. também em setúbal existe a casa "pita", que tem muita diversidade de material de mergulho, e é mesmo ao lado da setunautica. Ambas as lojas têm bons preços.
Bons mergulhos.:D

:) hello again, if you want to try to go the setúbal (setunáutica), perhaps you solve your problem. I was there last month, ode bought a vest seac-protech, and it was there a lady model, i don´t knows if it would be the xs, but it tries!. Also in setúbal the house " pita " exists, that has a lot of diversity of dive material, and it does be beside the setunautica. Both stores have good prices
Good dives:D

Obrigada mais uma vez. Vou passar pelas lojas que indicastes (vivo no Estoril) e depois digo-te alguma coisa.

Thank you Butch103 for your advice. I´m going to some stores here in Portugal to try to find a BC.

Good dives for everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom