Mach V 18!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UFScubaDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Appears Dwain and Pat are actually doing some work up there at their new factory. I checked the website today and saw that the new mach V wing is out finally!

http://oxycheq.com/Oxycheq/Oxynotes/Oxynotes.html

I havent had a chance to put my hands on one of these bad boys yet but if its anything like my 30lb mach V in a small compact form it would be an absolute dream. Congrats boys on another fine looking product. Looks like it might be time for a drive up to N.Florida for a summer time product demo egh?

-Tom

Hi Tom,

Busy as always and this year will be no exception.

We replaced the 18# Razor with this new design --- the 18# Mach V Razor. Basically, we narrowed down the 18# Razor using the same techniques we used with the Mach V. However, we did add roll control devices and a STA is not required with this wing.

It can be used with our A-Pac Lite Harness System, any of our backplates of even those $20 plastic back plates that are all over people's garages.

Dwain put a travel plate on the 18# Mach V Razor and the wing is barely wider than the backplate. We'll try and add a photo of that to the web page. A picture is worth 1000 words.

You are more than welcome to come and visit. If you came in the office today, you would see about 12 new prototypes on display. We'll be getting a couple of new things in on Friday as well. Since we will be attending the NSS CDS Conference over the weekend, we won't have those new items up on the web site until Tuesday.

If you come up here, I should have my Jon boat pimped out by then. I could take you out on Mill Pond and if the Chipola River is up (right now it is very, very low) we could go on it. The Chipola has crystal clear water (spring fed) , has a few caves and many people dive it for shark teeth (it is loaded with them).

Best regards,

Patrick

UFScubaDiver:
Appears Dwain and Pat are actually doing some work up there at their new factory. I checked the website today and saw that the new mach V wing is out finally!

http://oxycheq.com/Oxycheq/Oxynotes/Oxynotes.html

I havent had a chance to put my hands on one of these bad boys yet but if its anything like my 30lb mach V in a small compact form it would be an absolute dream. Congrats boys on another fine looking product. Looks like it might be time for a drive up to N.Florida for a summer time product demo egh?

-Tom

Patrick, you're killing me!
Guess I need one for the summer.
I had no idea you had this one in the works. I was debating using my 1 mil suit this weekend and my Al plate. So I says to myself, "Razor or Mach V?". Then I says, "wouldn't it be nice if the Razor were shaped like the Mach V?" And 18#s! Sweeeet.
How you guys making out in the new digs? Tell Dwain "Kudoz" on the web site.

Hi Tim,

Too funny. You know me, I am always working on something --- or lots of things.

Wait until you see the photo of the 18 with a plate on a cylinder ---- insane. I had the prototype here two months ago and we just got in the shipment today. If you came up here for a visit, you would see all the stuff I am working on. :) You will be amazed.

As far as wings go, I will be annoucing about seven more wings this year and then will call it quits on wings. Can't really advance wing designs any more than I have.

Now, time for other big projects. You'll see about 50 new items added this year and hopefully next year I will have some fun.

The new building is working out well. Lots of room and that saves us a lot of time. In the past when I would get in as much new inventory like I did today, it would be a nightmare. Now, it is just the opposite. Still have lots of extra room, but do have plans to utilize the extra space this year.

It is also very quiet here and I do not hear any of the business neighbors. Lots of parking and the 4 acres is a relaxing view. Great place to test equipment --- 70 degree, clear, spring fed water within a five minute drive.

You have an open invitation.

Best regards,

Patrick
OxyCheq

Splitlip:
Patrick, you're killing me!
Guess I need one for the summer.
I had no idea you had this one in the works. I was debating using my 1 mil suit this weekend and my Al plate. So I says to myself, "Razor or Mach V?". Then I says, "wouldn't it be nice if the Razor were shaped like the Mach V?" And 18#s! Sweeeet.
How you guys making out in the new digs? Tell Dwain "Kudoz" on the web site.

Patrick:
Glad to hear all is well.
I will try and visit. I have a new job, working fewer hours and might make it. My daughter will be certified here shortly as soon as the ocean lays down enough for her to do her last 2 open water dives. Maybe I'll do a family trip. They have antiques or something up there? Real trees too?
I will give a yell next week.
Tim

I haven't dived the Mach V #18, but I did get to see it and try it on earlier this year. It is definitely a nice wing.

Patrick, thank you for calling it quits on the wings. I need to upgrade the Oxycheq wings I have now to the new ones. I'd hate to have to do that year after year!

Splitlip,

Thanks for the Kudo.. )))

Here is another Mach V in Camo 40 Pounds... Just took the image this morning. :D

Attachments

• 40MachVCamo400.jpg
    40MachVCamo400.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 86
Is there a picture of the "roll control device?"

Go to the Oxynote page on the website and click on the Mach V Razor Wing...

Regards,
Dwain

evad:
Is there a picture of the "roll control device?"

I may have to have the 18 pound Mach V. Can it be gotten in something other than dreadful black. I like black and all, love Johnny Cash but sometimes I feel like a nut.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom