Does ScubaPro make any BC's good for tech diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

george1098

Reaction score
Do they?
I've seen older pictures online of a scubapro techy BC, kindof looked like a glide with a set of wings on the back, but I haven't been able to find it online or on the SP website. Just wondering if anyone knows.

have you thought about a bp/w?

They used to make BP/W's and harnesses/wings but they dropped those lines some time ago. I believe they were making them after they bought Sonoform which made the original Dive Rite Transpac harnesses and wings. I still use the X-Tek series and almost bought one of their BP's but went with a DiveRite instead.

Tech = BP/W

Wouldnt there Knighthawk be considered a tech BC??? Its a wing and backplate type of setup.
Andreas

Great BC, but it isn't enough to handle double and deco bottles... Been there done that.

You can really enjoy the small double with that BC though.

And for what you'd pay for a scuba pro bc you could get one hell of a BPW set up. Check out Deep Sea Supply and some dive rite pockets if you wanted to go that way. If you are serious about going tech, doubles, stages, etc, a BPW is the only way to go. My tech instructor will not accept a tech student unless he's in some type of BPW. Transpacs are ok but to him not preferred. Standard set up with HOG harness or even a pro fit type thing. But a recreational bc- no way. Plus you'll pay a nice chunk of change just for the name. I don't mind being a billboard for some stuff but not at outrageous prices.

I have a Scubapro S-tek BC.. Its more of a DR transpack style.. It doesnt handle doubles well at all but it is back inflated..

Acutally im using my S-tek bladder on my OMS backplate and harness..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom