antique bc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

msjones

Reaction score
A friend of mine found a WATER GILL bc in an old garage it has a hollow backplate (filled with marbles), and a large wing attached to it. I have never heard of WATER GILL brand name. Can anyone out there help me out? How old is it, is it worth anything, it's not in bad shape, (Iwouldnt dive with it), but it's in fairly good condition. Thanks for any help.

msjones,
I believe you have the Watergill Atpac, one of the first real BC's. Cool collectors' item. I think it had an integrated weight and release system. I'm sure we can ID it for sure if you have a picture. It was made in the early 70's. Is it orange?

Neil

Impressive bit of IDing there, Neil. Sounds like a real collector's item.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

and then, as now, the cry was "it'll float you face down
and you'll die".

Thought I could put a humor in...
Can I have it? Thinking of, you know what I mean...Trash or box! :) It sounds like a collector's item in my book or say, hanging on my wall! Nope, don't know, wish I could help.
afraser31

Back
Top Bottom