DUI Weight Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the adjustability, weight capacity, easy unloading, weight distribution to shoulders instead of hips.

I dislike the extremely long pull to release pouches, and the chore of rethreading it over and over as I show them to people.

Hallmac

I have the older version (two back straps), I got them originally for surface supplied diving but have found them to be fantastic for drysuit diving as well.

The price is really good on them now also, they were something like $250 when they came out and I don't know if they sold any... About $95 or so retail now.

I know at the demo day at Vortex they had them for people to try if there is going to be one in your area...

Jeff

I have the newer version and really like it so far. I'm a little concerned as to how the straps will holdup as they seem small compared to the older version, but at the price they are a whole lot more comfortable than a weight belt. I do not like the threading and long pull either, but it shouldn't be a problem if you need to ditch.

chuckrt

I'll agree with others. I used one before I went to a bp and it worked very well as it takes the weight off your hips. I also had the older style, but am not real familiar with what changes have been made.

MD

They reconfigured the back strap to one center strap instead of two...

Pretty much the same functionally

Jeff

I have the DUI DELTA back inflate BC. It incorporates the weight harness. I really like the system. The guady <sp> yellow rings to release the weights are a little ugly, but very visible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom