Halcyon 55lb wing versus an OMS 55lb single bladder non bungeed wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dryglove

Contributor
Reaction score
I am gonna take the plunge and start diving doubles.I would love to buy a halcyon explorer 55lb wing but is kinda out of reach money wise.I have been looking at some of the OMs wings.Im leaning towards a 55lb or 60lb single bladder non bungeed wing.I can easily get an OMS wing for under 200.00 compared to well over 300.00 for the halcyon. So what does everyone think of the oms wings compared to the halcyon 55lb wing.

I bid a 55lb wing on ebay but got outbid yesterday while i was at work.;-0 So now its back to the drawing board.:D

The wing is not that bad. If you can get it and are looking at a shortage of funds, make sure the corrugated hose is the correct length. You could still lurk on Ebay and hunt for those wings. Also, check out www.cavediver.net - always some wings on sale there.

Eric

I have both of them and the OMS is fine. I did change the hose on it to a shorter one but other than that it does the the job just as well.

SteveW once bubbled...
I have both of them and the OMS is fine. I did change the hose on it to a shorter one but other than that it does the the job just as well.

Well i purchased a new OMS 55lb single bladder non bungeed wing from north east scuba for 175.00.So did you just cut the hose shorter or do you have to change the hose for a shorter one.If you changed the hose, where would i buy a shorter one? I dont want no long floppy inflator hose and prefer the shorter hose like on the halcyon.

Yea, is there any 'internal' guts that we would have to mess with?

Nope, no "guts" The Halcyon (as with any good wing) does not have a Pull dump arrangement.

Cutting it short is a problem because you dont have the flat "landing" needed to seal where the zip tie clamps up.
Buy a new short hose.

(I think the OMS is almost as good as the Halcyon)

Have a chat to Oring, he has swam them both side by side.

the new wings John has are fitted with the shorter hoses. At least that is what I read the other day on one of his specials pages.Better get there fast. He just updated his site and most of the ads for the wings are gone. Only in the oms section now.

Aquamaniac once bubbled...

Cutting it short is a problem because you dont have the flat "landing" needed to seal where the zip tie clamps up.
Buy a new short hose.

Thats the problem i was worried about if i was gonna cut it shorter.So where does one buy a shorter hose?Any ideas?

Dectek once bubbled...
the new wings John has are fitted with the shorter hoses. At least that is what I read the other day on one of his specials pages.Better get there fast. He just updated his site and most of the ads for the wings are gone. Only in the oms section now.

Yea he only had a few of the OMS 55lb wings left.The worst part was he was out of black so i had to buy a red one.Guess im back on stroke status...:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom