Bigger volume BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm painfully, slowly, but rather happily edging my way towards IDC and IE.

Last night, while practising skills in the pool, I was told my BCD (Scubapro Top100, the most basic level available back in September 1999) has too small an air volume.

It's ok for rec diving, but I'd better find something else if and when I start teaching.

My LDS deals mainly with Mares, I'm certainly not going to invest in a HUB, but I am not really happy with their Air Trim either.

I saw this new Morphos thing: any comments?

Is there anything simple, easy to use, not too heavy, not weight-integrated I could reasonably think about?

Just curious,

What is the available lift of your current BC and what was the reason given for you to change it out prior to attending an IDC?

I have no idea about the lift, as for changing it it's not about changing it before the exam, rather as a more apt gear to be used with students.

You might be able to get a deal on something the dive shop you are teaching at sells. Wait until then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom