Seatec BC's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rtmemtb

Reaction score
Just purchased several pieces of equipment. part of the deal was a old BC made by Seatec. I have never heard of them. Any one know about this company?

Hi there,

I did some checking around and was not able to find a website for SeaTec but I did find some contact information which for you. Check this link.

If anyone does have information on a SeaTec website, please be sure to post it.

Cheers,

I had an old double bladder jacket BC by SeaTec. I believe they also made the Manta jacket style BC. It was top-of-the-line for some time.

Ken

They are very active in the military side of scuba, so service on their "civilian" side can be a little slow. However, they make one of the few larger sized BCs out there.

BTW, the company name actually is Inflatable Systems. There is a toll free number for them as well under that name: (800) 223-8548.

They don't seem to have a website...

~SubMariner~

SeaTec does NOT have a web-site. They do/did make a fine
product.

If you are so inclined, surf to http://www.daveread.com/rsdiver
and check out the pics on the bottom of "page 6" of his
"Rogues Gallery". On the left, there I am wearing a SeaTec
vest. Cool, eh?

I have the exact same BC, it is a very good unit. They were very popular in the early 1990's. It may seem older because it is a double bladder design and has a CO2 emergency inflator on it. It is a very comfortable BC and the two tank bands hold the tank well. I used it for beach diving because the tank stayed in place when the surf was rough. You should have a dive shop look at it and give it a try, you may be pleasantly surprised.

If u got this BC, you are a lucky guy, I had mine for more than 15 years and I have been using it in the Red Sea on weekly basis with out a problem canalled the Co2 to avoid any accidents. if anyone can find out where I can get another one, please let me know. not that my 15 year old is gone rather because my son is using it now, and I need to get one for me! he refused to use any other BC, but the Manta.

Back
Top Bottom