Dive Rite Rec EXP wing versus discontinued Trek wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hueydok

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello. I am in need of a new wing for my Transpac, and although I like the new EXP series in that the new Rec Wing is only 24 inches high and now in donut style, I am dismayed that DR changed from bungies to a cheapo strap system to reduce the taco effect when diving singles (I do not dive doubles). The other day I saw someone using the older Trek wing that still has bungies, although it is a horseshoe shape. So my questions are:

1) Can anyone give me the actual height dimensions of a) the 2009 Rec EXP and b) the 2008 Trek wings? Inflated/deflated dimensions.

2) Has anyone used the new strap compression and compared how tight you can draw the wings in versus the bungies? Are they even adjustable? ( BTW - I dive with NO weight in a 5MM with steel 119 off the NC coast, and so used the bungies tight to minimize my drag).

3) On a similar topic, what are the various opinions about the new Venture EXP wing? It has the strap system but is at least minimal size toward the head but still with decent lift. But does it have TOO much lift on the butt?

Thanks as always.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom