Anyone dived with the new AL-Zuma?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimbo4567198

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm in the market for a travel BCD and I'm intrigued by the new AL zuma. Has anyone had direct experience with this BCD. If so what are your thoughts? Any opinions about durability, versatility, ect. Thanks everyone!'

Cheers,

Jim

I hate to just bump this, but c'mon folks. Some of you have posted that you've used the Zuma. Please give us some feedback about it's features, problems, etc.

I just received one and have not taken the time to dive it yet. I will be happy to let you know what I think monday. 12/14/09 if that will help.

Thanks Hallmac. I'm off to Belize in January and I'd appreciate hearing your comments about the Zuma. I'm also interested in the Zeagle Scout, but it's not as pack friendly as the Zuma. Anyway any comments you may have will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

To be perfectly honest, there are only a handful of non BP/W divers who visit this forum regularly, so the fact that none of the 5 of us has used the Zuma is not surprising.

I think it is pretty amazing Hallmac is in this thread with the offer he's made. To get comments from regular Zuma users you may need to post in Basic Scuba.

Your post makes no sense to me at all. When a discussion tread is listed as "The Equipment of Scuba Diving/Buoyancy Compensators (BC's) and Weight Systems", I think it's the perfect place to ask a question about a BC and users experience with it. I guess I'll go elsewhere for answers...

This is the right subforum not Basic Scuba - nice that you took the trouble to post in the right place, many people don't bother. :) I don't think Halemano's comment was meant to be any kind of dig at you if you took it that way, but rather at the the BP/W bias of this board, which you'll pick up on soon enough.

Anyway, there's plenty of non-BP/W divers reading this subforum, but the Zuma is pretty new so there's just not a lot of people who can comment. It was mentioned on these 2 threads, but the review talked about in one of them I can't find.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...tems/313690-very-light-bc-recommendation.html
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...s-weight-systems/308363-zuma-tank-system.html

As stated by Damselfish my post was not a dig at you and I was being very helpful in my opinion. I guess I should have said only a handful of non BP/W divers participate in this forum, but I did type regularly.

The reason I suggested Basic Scuba is because the odds an actual Zuma user will see your post/question are astronomically higher in the forum most visited by the masses.

Look into the Zeagle Express Tech, i got this for my son and we both simply love it. Although i prefer a BP/W this is the closest streamlined rig to it. It weighs less then 5lbs with 4 D-rings and crotch strap (wich i added seperately) packs flat as a pancake and is upgradeable to whatever future diving you want. I give it 4 thumbs up!!! Ohh and the best part is it is around $250 for the complete setup minus d-rings & crotch strap.

I have dived the Zeagle Scout almost exclusively for the last 2 and a half years, love it.....weights about 6 lbs & packs great IMO ie I can get 2 complete sets of dive gear into 1 suitcase(large hard Samsonite) for a total weight of about 47 lbs.....

btw, got a BP/W(DR with Al plate & Travel wing) just for the heck of it last spring & notice no difference between the 2, that's how good to me the Scout is.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom