STA/Tank Band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobmaggi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I've been researching BP/Wing configurations and have pretty much determined what I want but I still have a basic question that I haven't seen answered/photos of yet.

All the STAs I have seen are shown w/o tank bands. Is the tank band normally a seperate purchase (if so where do you order one:confused: ) or is it normally included with the item?

Thanks for everyones help in advance.

Bob

bobmaggi once bubbled...
I've been researching BP/Wing configurations and have pretty much determined what I want but I still have a basic question that I haven't seen answered/photos of yet.

All the STAs I have seen are shown w/o tank bands. Is the tank band normally a seperate purchase (if so where do you order one:confused: ) or is it normally included with the item?

Thanks for everyones help in advance.

Bob

Bp/wings are modular meaning you can buy one pc at a time and build your setup how you want it or buy a complete setup. So unless your buying a complete set up STA's dont normally come with tank straps.

There are many places to buy them.Some that come to mind from the board are

Fredt-sells scubapro tank straps and bp's and all accessories except for the wings.

Scott koplin and oxycheq sell complete packages or individual items

Mike Ferrea- I think he closed his shop but may still beable to sell you what you need. Great guy with a wealth of knowledge.

Lubold- works at a shop that sells oxycheq products and probably many more

Like i said these are just the ones that come to mind as i m sure there are many more.

Also choose your single wing wisely as oxycheq makes a great new wing and it appears halcyon has introduced a new wing so dont run out and buy a pioneer just yet.

The Halcyon lightweight STA can be purchased at Extreme Exposure with two Halcyon straps for approximately $100.00 with tax. That's a pretty good deal. Individually the straps, from EE, Scubapro or Halcyon are $38.00 each w/o tax.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom