Mares Dragon Fly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquanaught

Reaction score
Mares Dragon Fly Airtrim

Did anyone dove with this BC? If yes please give some commands on how it fits etc etc.

Pro and cons

thnx

Aquanaught,

First let me say that I am not affiliated in any way with Mares. Got my handle from my dive buddies for buying so much Mares equipment.

I tried the Dragonfly(DF) earlier this year and wound up buying the Morphos Airtrim. There was nothing wrong with the DF, it was just a little too heavy for me, which is why I went with the Morphos.

The DF is a well built BC and very rugged. Has more than enough D rings. It won a testers choice award from Rodales and DiveOZ Australia. I love the Airtrim system as I can trim in any position and the control is always in the same place.

It really depends on the type of diving you will be doing. If you plan on using doubles or tec diving, you may be better off with a BP/W. The DF has a kit to support doubles, but it also adds to the weight.

Whatever you decide, best of luck with your choices.
Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:mean:

Hi,

If you'll do a search on the dragonfly you'll find a very recent thread on it.
I've been diving with my DF airtrim now for 2 yrs. There are things I love and hate about the BC.

Thre main positive is that I like that fact it's more steamlined and like Maresman stated the controls are always in the same place.

on the negative side is that the inflator hose is in the BC pocket and that makes it a bit of a pain.

Crazed_Dolphin are there any other BC's you recommand than? Than I can go and take a look at them...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom