oxycheq dealers in the bay area (CA)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

betshsu

Reaction score
I posted this on the NDI Northern California board, but since it's a BC-related question, I figured I'd post it here as well... sorry if this is poor form.

Hi folks,
Does anyone know of a LDS that carries Oxycheq BPs and wings in the Bay Area (preferably within a reasonable driving distance of the east bay)? I'm interested in trying out Oxycheq's smaller BP before ordering it (I tried out the Halycon set up, which I really liked, but only being 5 feet tall, I think a smaller BP might be in order).
Alternately, if there isn't a dealer in the area that has stuff in stock to try, my LDS (in Austin... just in the east bay for a few months) can order the Oxycheq stuff for me--is there a big difference in the way the 27 lb Halycon and 30 lb Oxycheq wings feel (for example, I had no problems with going face-forward at the surface with the Halycon and no trim weights, but the Scubapro LadyHawk back-inflation BC puts me face-foward at the surface)? Or can I use the 27 lb Halycon wing with the Oxycheq BP? Thanks.

For a dealer contact Patrick through his website. You might want to call rather than e-mail unless you have plenty of time.

The Oxycheque has the standard 11'' grommet spacing. If the Halcyon is the same, it'll fit. I use my 30# wing with a DiveRite plate.

The Oxycheque is a bit more solidly build and a few bucks less expensive than the 27# Halcyon Pioneer. However, the new 30# Halcyon Eclipse is made from a thicker thread, it not only has a inner and outer bag, but you can access (and fix) the inner one through a zippper. If I'd buy one today I'd likely take the Eclipse.

Thanks. I did email the address on the Oxycheq page, but haven't heard back--I guess the phone might be a more efficient route.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom