BC Sizing - ScubaPro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've just bought a ScubaPro Bella BCD in a size SM (tagged as this inside) yet on any sizing chart/any online search etc I can find no details of what size SM is supposed to fit. The dive centre where I bought it said it was equivalent to a small and the other option was an XS-S, but even on the label detailing lift capacity inside the BC is says this one should come in XS / S / M / M-L/ L/ XL. Same applies to the ScubaPro catalogue and any info online, including all sites selling them!

Every other BC I've worn (rentals) have been a small and fitted fine. As the sizing chart says this should come in a small, that's what I was hoping to get. Have tried in on with my suit and fits okay (though I can't say I've tried any others on dry without the tank so not sure what it's supposed to feel like). Just a bit concerned I may not have the right size and don't want to go diving with it only to find it may not be right. Trying it on dry I can do the waist band up so the velcro comes off the other end of the velcro it meets so it's fine at the moment but any give and I may not be able to do it up tight enough. Where it fits around my back it almost feels like there's too much material coming around my back under my arms but as I said, not having tried others on dry before (and the ones I have used have been very well worn so aren't stiff at all) it could just be because it needs the tank weight to pull it down.

Any help appreciated!

In my experience most ScubaPro women's BCDs run a bit on the larger size. So if you need a medium shirt a small BCD usually works. This is why there is no XXL for women but there is for men. Strictly my own observation in helping students size things for the last few years. Always best to try it on before committing to the purchase. If you haven't taken it diving I would ask your shop if you could try the XS or M if you think it isn't quite right.

wmperry is right on, we have found the ScubaPro BC's to be on the bigger side compared to other manufacturers. I would go back into the shop and try on the XS and see how that fits. Maybe the shop has access to a pool and you can test dive it as well. Never hurts to ask.

I imagine the sizing is consistant across Scubapro's range, so if its not to late to exchange perhaps you could you rent a S and XS Scubapro BCD for a test dive? I ditto the other two posters about Scubapro sizing being bigger than labeled. I am L/XL on their sizing chart but fit M best in BCDs (and XL in a Scubapro vest FWIW).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom