Jacket BC for warm water/travel NO BP/Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sooner1

Reaction score
I am looking for info. on a mid priced bc for warm water diving. Something that is easy to pack for airplane travel.

Zeagle makes very nice gear. Compact and rear inflate. Operates similar to BP/w but offers convenience of BCD. Considering one for my wife. DR TP II is also a good choice. I love mine and can dive doubles with different wing.

I use a Buddy Travelwing for travel, as it's VERY light yet VERY sturdy equipment. And it can take (lightweight & independent) doubles using the 'buddy-bands'. Before that I used a Scubapro Travtek (identical to the old Dive-rite Transpac 1). All in all I prefere the BUDDY for travel.

Steven

Scubapro just came out with the Equator which is a back-inflation BC designed for warm water use and travel. I have personally never used it but I dive it's older cousin the Knighthawk and love it.

look at the zeagle escape

Sooner1??.........wait did you go to OU if so then i'll can sell you a great BC. Its very compact and the weight is built in. I use the highest quailty of chain attached to the smoothest rock in the river bed. You choice of 15, 24, 34 or for really deep diving 60lb rock.

Just in case you didn'y know the UT in firedogut stands for Univeristy of Texas. And as it says in our fight song OU SUCKS!!!

Do you really want only a jacket style or do you mean you do not want a BP/wing but a back inflate is OK. Back inflates are in between the 2 and I think you will find that many of us who don't care for BPs still prefer a back inflate. In the Zeagle line (all of which are back inflates but not BP's), the Scout is lighter than the Escape and makes a good travel BC. It's inexpensive at around $220 on line and packs small. I use one for all my travel and lots of times at nearby sites if the weather is warm. It does have a strange "weight intergration" system, basically 2 trim pouches on the back of the BC. They work fine with <10lbs of weight but much more than that and it starts to turtle you . You can always use a weight belt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom