Zeagle Ranger with twinset

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

audission

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys, am getting a Ranger shortly and plan to use it with twins.

Has anyone done this? Was it easy to do? Photos would be handy... :D

It can and has been done. The best way is to use a metal backplate for stability. There used to be information on that on Zeagle's website but I can not find it now, the links were broken. You can do an internet search to see if there are videos and directions on other web sites.

I did find this video.
Doubles-256.wmv - YouTube

If you haven't had a shop order or paid for the ranger, I would seriously consider going with a BP/W setup for the twinset. I dove with a Ranger LTD for years (>300 dives) and have just recently switched to a BP/W for singles diving and am in the process of putting a twinset together. I will say, while the Ranger is an excellent BCD, that I prefer the BP/W for its added stability. Having less bulk to the harness also simple things easier like finding the D-rings by feel.

You have to add either extra pieces or their backplate for it to work. It's needed to keep from tearing the wing mounts out. It's two mounting plates and straps that join the two sides of the wind together when you re-configure it for twins. Or the backplate which will be a lot more solid with twins. One thing not clear in this video is that the bolts are the bolts bought with the twins - not provided by Zeagle.

Here's the video:

Zeagle Express has all the parts if you can't get them locally.

Zeagle Bladder attachment strap scuba diving gear at Zeagle Express
Zeagle Twin Tank Mounting Plates scuba diving gear at Zeagle Express

Or one of these:

Zeagle Anodized Aluminum Backplate scuba diving gear at Zeagle Express
Zeagle Stainless Steel Backplate scuba diving gear at Zeagle Express

Thanks everyone.

Someone also suggested over the weekend that you can attach twins using the Ranger's tank bands - one around each cylinder. This could be a quick way of attaching two tanks! But I definitely prefer the backplate option :)

Will let you know how I get on!

That's on page 11 of the manual but I've never quite understood how that would work. Both straps appear to go around both tanks though. And they'd still have to be held together with bands. http://www.zeagle.com/~/media/Zeagle/Files/BC_MANUAL.ashx

It can and has been done. The best way is to use a metal backplate for stability. There used to be information on that on Zeagle's website but I can not find it now, the links were broken. You can do an internet search to see if there are videos and directions on other web sites.

I did find this video.

Wow, such a convoluted solution. The last part about putting a backplate on the inside of the Ranger, what is the point?? The harness (shoulder and waist) are even connected to the plate. A plate isn't there for heck of having a plate.

If you are about to purchase a Ranger, maybe you should have consider a true BP/w setup. You can get a plate, a double wing for double tank, and a single wing for sing tank for the cost of a new Ranger

Back
Top Bottom