Posiedon vs DUI weight harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hex92

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did a quick search on the board and there seems to be several people that have used the DUI system and only a couple that have used the Poseiden.

Just looking at them online the only obviouse difference I can see is the price (~$20)

Anyone had a chance to try both or at least compare them side by side?

I need a way to carry more weight now that I am diving dry. I use the Transpac II without the weight pockets. This wasn't an issue when I had the two 4 lb trim weights and another 4-8 lbs on my belt. But it looks like I am going to need ~30 lbs with the drysuit. I haven't bought my own tanks yet so I am still stuck with the AL rentals.....

I just got a DUI W&T Classic for use with my drysuit. I dive an LP98, 6# SS plate and Softwear 300 wt fleece. With a 3mm suit I wasn't using any weight, with the drysuit I need 18 lbs. The W&T sure beat the hell out of the weight belt. The only thing I don't like is all the webbing (webbing from the BP harness and webbing from the W&T).

I'm 6'5" and the large fit me just fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom