Zeagle Ranger; where to put knives and computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waross

New
Reaction score
Recently switched over from vest style BC (Aqualung Pro QD) to a Zeagle Ranger. Now I am trying to figure out where I can attach knives and my Cobra Computer. My old vest had hole in pocket for retractable cord for computer. Not sure where I can put it on the Ranger. Also looking for ideas of where to put knives and shears.

Knife/shears on upper right shoulder strap, just reach up with either hand to deploy. Computer/Console attached to a retractor connected to a D Ring on the right shoulder strap, grap with either hand pull out and read. The retractor isn't really needed but makes reading easier especially if there is a compass on the console.

what kind of computer?

You can just clip the SPG off to one of the d-rings and unclip as needed or put the retractor on one of the D-rings. How many knives and shears are you carrying? Shears typically live in a pocket somewhere, so thigh pockets are preferred. Knife lives on the waist belt or if it is a Z-knife you can put it on the chest strap and/or on the band of a wrist computer.

I had mine mounted upside down on my left shoulder strap under the bottom d-ring. I have seen shears mounted in between the cummerbund pocket and the weight pocket on the right side. There is a set of bracketed holds there that you could mount your knife to as well as an alternate.

As far as the computer goes I am guessing it is the air integrated Cobra. I would attach that to the left side hip d-ring. Or if you like it a little closer you could attach it to left chest d-ring.

As suggested above, I put my console on a Cetacea retractor clipped to the lower left front d-ring. I don't have a Cobra though but with mine it keeps the gauges tucked neatly in place.

Shears are mounted vertically (probably upside down also) between a d-ring on the left shoulder strap - I can't get to it now to confirm. My shears have a ring on the sheath that's mounted to the strap also - I used a quick-link for that end. http://www.techdivinglimited.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=12_35 Home Depot sells a plated version also. Feed it between the strap and the padding and it won't move much.

I have a small blunt tip knife with a grommet mount so I punched two holes in the "Zeagle" flap that retains the wing on my right side and mounted it vertically there. I wouldn't do that with a pointed blade as there's the possibility you could poke a hole in the bladder when inflated - it's by feel not visual to deploy it.

zeaglemount.jpg

Kinda off topic, but I'm picking up a used zeagle ranger today off a buddy who only used it a few times. Can anyone give me a decent review on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great BCD that I have used for more than 600 hours. I have found the shoulder dump valve to be pretty worthless. Personally, I think the side pockets are located too far to the rear, so I don't use them that much. Pick up some accessory pockets from Zeagle and attach them to the grommets/straps located closer to the center.

The biggest problem/benefit with the Ranger is that it tries to span both one and dual tank diving. On the major plus side is that it is built like a tank and with interchangeable parts, you can get a close to perfect fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom