Adding a chest strap to a BP/W setup (xDeep Zeos)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetb4igetinthewater

Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have the xDeep Zeos (xDEEP - ZEOS full set with deluxe harness and weight pockets; Single tank buoyancy compensator;). I love diving with a backplate, but I do have one complaint: I feel very restricted with arm movement, like my shoulders are pulled apart. This makes camera work much harder as well as accessing a number of things attached to my BCD.d

So what I would like to do is to add a chest strap so that my shoulders can move farther forward. Anyone have suggestions on how to go about this?

Cut the padding off the straps, loosen them, and raise the D-rings.

Loosening the straps will result in the backplate sliding down my back, which I prefer to avoid. yes I can compensate by lifting my tank higher, but that isn't what I want.

If you feel that restricted, you probably need to let out some more webbing. It just sounds like it is currently too tight.

I think you should have someone with experience and help you with adjustment. I agree, you should strap maybe too tight.

Well the dive shop owner where I am doing my dive master program adjusted it for me. But I'm not happy with the lack of arm movement at this point. I have the Xdeep Ghost as well for travel, and I don't have mobility issues there. I figured adding a chest strap might be a good way to go. I was more curious on advice on how to add a chest strap, where I might get a part. The main issue is sewing it on I would imagine.

What is it that you are hoping to accomplish with the chest strap? Not sure what you mean by "allow my shoulders to move forward".

Back
Top Bottom