Zeagle ranger sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abstract

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to order my first BCD. I am not sure if I am fit a size small ranger since I can get it cheaper than a medium. My stats are 5'9", 32-33.5 inch waist, 18 inch shoulder to waist measurement, 175-180 pounds (athletic build).

From the Shoulder measurements, you are right at the high end for the Small, and Low end for the medium. Likewise for the waist. Only way to really know is to try one on. Are you near a Zeagle dealer that could help to fit you with one?

The Ranger, and many other Zeagle BCDs allow changes of some components to get a better fit. I believe right now, only the Scout and Covert don't offer this, but some of the upcoming jacket styles (Grace, Focus, Base, Resort, & Element) may be more standard sizing as opposed to PFS (Personal Fit Sizing). Any of the BCs with PFS will allow you to swap out shoulder or waist sections. So you could get a BC with Medium shoulder & Small waist or vice-versa.

I had to do this with my Stiletto. The large was too big, but the medium had the cummerbund too high. My dive shop took a Medium BC, and swapped the Medium shoulder with a Large shoulder, and it fit perfectly.

I'm thinking you are more in the medium range. The medium will give your room to grow in the waist section, which most of us do as we age, but should still fit your shoulders. The Zeagle back-inflates are made to be worn a little lower than a standard jacket BC, so it should fit.

Or, if the pricing on the small is significantly different, then order that, but you may need to swap out either, or both of the sections to medium, which would probably eat up any savings unless the seller lets you exchange them.

why the ranger? Nothing against it but it is very expensive for what it is and you may have better luck with something less expensive that may fit better or be better for your diving, both present and future

In the Zeagle waist section there is quite a bit of adjustment but as you adjust the waist size larger it moves the weight pouches father back on the BC as the waist adjustment just moves the cumberbun out not the weight pouches so your weights can end up more towards your back and not on your sides or slightly to the front making you a little back heavy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom