Halcyon Infinity 40lb Configuration (1*15L or 2*6L)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kodo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm thinking of getting another tank-setup for my Halcyon Infinity. I'm currently considering a single tank 15L (metric) or a double tank 2*6L (metric) configuration. I really like the 2*6L configuration because it creates a very nice balance. Would these be "beyond" capacity for this supposedly "single-tank" wing? BTW the tanks are steel.

Cheers

I think more than the capacity of the tank, it is about the shape of the wing. With single wing designed for one tank, putting a double setup on it will cause some issue. Either the wing won't be able to fully inflate to the designed capacity, or banding the plate. Maybe a small double wing will work better

That's an unusual doubles setup. As already stated, the issue is the width of the center panel, which will impact whether you get the full amount of lift out of the wing or not. You'd have to find a double 6l setup and check how much it impacts the ability of the wing to expand to full size.

That's an unusual doubles setup. As already stated, the issue is the width of the center panel, which will impact whether you get the full amount of lift out of the wing or not. You'd have to find a double 6l setup and check how much it impacts the ability of the wing to expand to full size.

A quick look at images of the two gives a pretty good feel for whether this will work or not.

Halcyon Evolve 40 doubles wing...

evolve-wing.png

Halcyon Eclipse 40 singles wing...

halcyon_eclipse__4d25c9439e524.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all for your helpful/informative comments. I'll go with the single 15L for the Infinity...

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom