Hollis LTS vs ScubaPro Knighthawk

Which one would you choose?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm considering one of the two BC's listed in the thread title for my first BC purchase. I've tried both on in-store so I have some feel how they feel strapped on but have not had a dive with either one. I did my open water cert with a ScubaPro Equator so I know at least a little bit of how a ScubaPro BC feels.

Any thoughts/pros vs cons on which one you'd go with?

Make sure you try the Knighthawk on with a tank on your back. The one big drawback about the Knighthawk for me has always been that it slides down your back because of the weight of the tank. This causes the cumberbund and wasit strap to ride up my front and the chest strap to nearly choke me.

I have the Hollis LTS, i used it in cayman Island for 2 weeks with about 30 dives. i have always been a vest BCD user. I must say it was very comfortable to use, it has weight pockets that worked fine. Sometimes it was like not even having a BCD on. just a note that strap off and soak it for over night, tank slipped out 1st dive, dive guide said always good to soak a new tank belt before you use. no problems for the next 2 weeks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just curious why you picked those two BC's? What it feels like in the store with no tank attached is absolutely meaningless in how a BC feels and performs in actual diving situations. I can tell you from experience that something like this DRIS Dive Gear 28lb BP/W System | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba equaly as well on land and is vastly superrior in the water and costs less than and will last longer than the other two options. If you really want to go with a conventional BC I would suggest purchasing used off the SB classifieds, there are always plenty for sale on there in great condition with relatively low dive counts on them.

Back
Top Bottom