Zeagle Ranger vs Zeagle Tech vs Custom Divers BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

I tried to do a search for a comparison between these two BCs. Didn't find anything. Anyone have any experience with them to make a recommendation from?

There is one other BC in the running, it is made by Custom Divers, if anyone has experience with them, let me know.

Thanks

Brian

The Zeagle systems are excellent overall. They are one of he most comfortable BC's available. For the very little extra, most people go for the Tech. It has 65 lbs. of lift VS. the Rangers 44 and it eliminates the Cumberbund that no one likes. It replaces it with Dual spade connectors.

very comfortable, weight integrated and new for this year the zeagles all include trim pockets.

I own two Zeagle BC's..The Ranger LTD and the 911..I have to disagree that the cumberbund is not comfortable..I dive it and think it is outstanding. I have each set up for different dives..duals or singles. With the Backplate on either I carry doubles..have zipper pouches for additional gear and enjoy flexibility of the systems. The only difference is ultimately the harness for doubles that comes up and attaches at Your waist. The 911 only has two waist straps and the Ranger LTD has the cumberbund. The Ranger LTD keeps the BC firmly in place and has Heavy Duty D-Rings to aid in attachment of gear. The 911 has Reflective stripes on the side and waist buckles. The Ranger has 44lbs. of lift and the Tech is 65 lbs, so higher lift is You only benefit. As Your BC will never ultimately be used as a lift bag, it is an overkill in my opinion. Check out Deep Outdoors for systems that take You to the next level as far as Diving with Dual Cylinders.

armyscuba:
I own two Zeagle BC's..The Ranger LTD and the 911..I have to disagree that the cumberbund is not comfortable..I dive it and think it is outstanding. I have each set up for different dives..duals or singles. With the Backplate on either I carry doubles..have zipper pouches for additional gear and enjoy flexibility of the systems. The only difference is ultimately the harness for doubles that comes up and attaches at Your waist. The 911 only has two waist straps and the Ranger LTD has the cumberbund. The Ranger LTD keeps the BC firmly in place and has Heavy Duty D-Rings to aid in attachment of gear. The 911 has Reflective stripes on the side and waist buckles. The Ranger has 44lbs. of lift and the Tech is 65 lbs, so higher lift is You only benefit. As Your BC will never ultimately be used as a lift bag, it is an overkill in my opinion. Check out Deep Outdoors for systems that take You to the next level as far as Diving with Dual Cylinders.

I like the double waistbelts rather than the cumberbun. But it is just a matter of preference.

Yes, Personal preference..If You have a chance..or know someone with either of those BC's see if You can Dive them. Also check the offering from Deep Outdoors..They have some outstanding Wing Configurations for Double Diving..Ultimately, everyone has a different build..see what's comfortable..

Love the Zeagle Ranger. Dived with it 3 times a day for the last few weeks..was great.

mtiffee:
Love the Zeagle Ranger. Dived with it 3 times a day for the last few weeks..was great.

All the other back inflate BC's are knockoff's of the Ranger. Zeagle did it first and right. :palmtree: Bob

Back
Top Bottom