Dacor Rig Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never heard of the Rig Pro. Where'd you find it? It's not on their website...they only show the Rig 3.

Just saw it on ebay.... hmmmm 50lbs. lift???? Do you know if the wing is any good? And if they have different wings? The BC looks pretty good.

Here is a few pics at ebay on one.

Dacor BC

Funny to see the e-bay price about $100 higher than you can buy one in a retail store.

Wow, it has 10:)confused:!!!) D-rings; maybe they serve a dual purpose as a sort of integrated weight system? I also like how they have harness slots cut in the plate, but no webbing goes through it.

The ad. copy I've seen states a lift capacity of 70 lbs (and contains the ironic phrase "everything you need, without the frills.") Maybe they should rename it the Overkill Pro :D

I actually hate to admit it but it seems, notice I said "seems" to be a pretty good piece of equipment.

Probably a lot better than the Dive Rite II brand or for that matter the Halcyon. It looks as though Mares/Dacor did their homework and took a good look at their competition. All that I can say is good for them. We, as divers, should praise companies coming out with better designs since this builds COMPETITION and COMPETITION creates better quality within "other" existing brands.

Scubakid

Originally posted by Scubakid
Probably a lot better than the Dive Rite II brand or for that matter the Halcyon.
Man, warn me next time. I got soda all over my screen!

Roak

Guys,
Sorry for your computer screens. Again, just in case you didn't read the reply properly I had mentioned, wrote in this case, that it "seemed" to be better built. There is nothing wrong with a company using the "existing product(s)" and improving on its (their) design.

Even if it happens to be a product which has a huge following. I have worn the Dive Rite II when trying to make a decision towards a BCD. Everybody "told" me that IT was the BEST out there, bar none.

Okay, I'll admit. It is a good product. But in my OWN opinion, which this is derived from my background in Quality Assurance in a production environment, I found that the BCD that I finally decided on purchasing was IN FACT BETTER BUILT. This BCD happens to be a Genesis Recon.

As all of you know General Motors and the Ford companies have the majority in auto, truck sales. But are they good vehicles?

No. They are not. They are **** for quality. They are built to last exactly 4-5 years in a throw away society.

You want quality you buy BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagon, Honda.......

Same with BCD's. BCD's which are very well manufactured are Mares, Beuchat, Scubapro. It just depends on how much you are willing to spend. That's all.

Hope that at least you can agree on this.

Scubakid

Screen all cleaned off :)

The Dacor Rig Pro is a BC that is for the "Techie" market. Do you really need 10 D-rings? The answer is no. If you are going to be getting into Tech Diving (Cavern, Cave, Wreck Penetration, Trimix, etc..) Then go with the Backplate/Harness set up. You can go from a single to a double tank set up easily. Very easy to adjust and when the webbing frays, you spend 10 - 15 dollars on 20 feet more. The Rig is going to make you look like a techie diver, but on allow you to dive correctly. You want to slick through the water and keep everything simple (KISS principle)

Just my 2 cents
Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom