BP/W dealers in Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vjongene

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
After our back-inflate BCs disappeared with most of our dive gear during our recent trip to Bikini, I am seriously considering BP/W setups for my son and me. I have read many of the posts concerning setups, manufacturers, etc., so I have an idea of what will be involved.

The only LDS that carries BP/W rigs around here sell OMS equipment (admittedly high quality) at highly inflated prices. Just a backplate, harness and single wing (I am not planning to dive doubles for the time being) will set you back about $800. So I am looking for Internet vendors located at a reasonable distance from Switzerland, carrying products that they can service here (I guess that the wing and inflator are the only components likely to require service). Two vendors I have used before, Sepadiver (www.sepadiver.com) and SportExtreme (www.sportextreme.com) carry BP/W setups, but neither give enough information to make me comfortable about their products. The AGIR system sold by SportExtreme seems to have a single wing size, while the harnesses sold by Sepadiver look a bit too minimalist for my taste (btw, I have no ambitions to become DIR-compliant).

Any advice and/or info on reputable dealers shipping to Switzerland, and carrying reasonably priced products, would be appreciated. Thanks already.

Victor J.

http://www.scubastore.com/

They´re cheaper than anything here (Sweden) anyways...
I´ve bought a few things from them...they were very willing to help when I had trouble getting an order in time for a trip I was going on...

vjongene:
Two vendors I have used before, Sepadiver (www.sepadiver.com) and SportExtreme (www.sportextreme.com) carry BP/W setups, but neither give enough information to make me comfortable about their products. The AGIR system sold by SportExtreme seems to have a single wing size, while the harnesses sold by Sepadiver look a bit too minimalist for my taste (btw, I have no ambitions to become DIR-compliant).

Sepadiver single wing looks similar to Halcyon Pioneer but the quality is pretty much lower: the inflator doesn't look reliable, backplate is not finished OK and the wing itself doesn't give you much confidence.

Don't bother to look the nearest dealer. Order the equipment from the dealer that will guarantee service or from the manufacturer directly. My experiences with ordering (and servicing) the gear from US are quite OK.

Back
Top Bottom