Weight system for BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sprange

Reaction score
While there are at least 10,000 posts on BP/W setups, I couldn't find a definitive answer for this question: in addition to a weight belt, what system could be used that allows for quick weight adjustments? I have a Jetharness setup ordered (appears to be a great rig, and I have no plans for double tank diving in the near future)...and plan to wear a weight belt holding the majority of my required lead. This will allow for a convenient weight-dump if ever required, but not so handy for adjustments while in the water. Would two tank strap pouches suffice? My finance minister has vetoed the Halcyon ACB, so I'm looking for a less expensive alternative. Any suggestions?

Sean

sprange:
While there are at least 10,000 posts on BP/W setups, I couldn't find a definitive answer for this question: in addition to a weight belt, what system could be used that allows for quick weight adjustments? I have a Jetharness setup ordered (appears to be a great rig, and I have no plans for double tank diving in the near future)...and plan to wear a weight belt holding the majority of my required lead. This will allow for a convenient weight-dump if ever required, but not so handy for adjustments while in the water. Would two tank strap pouches suffice? My finance minister has vetoed the Halcyon ACB, so I'm looking for a less expensive alternative. Any suggestions?

Sean

XS Scuba weight pockets for 5 bucks at LP between D-ring and BP.

evad:
XS Scuba weight pockets for 5 bucks at LP between D-ring and BP.

Exactly what I was looking for...and the price is right. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom