Dacor Rav BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ciera kid

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking for coments on the Dacor Rav BCD. Pro's ,Cons, +'s or -'s

I haven't used it, but here are my initial thoughts:

It's a jacket style BC, and while there's nothing wrong with that, without adding trim weights it's going to tend to keep you more vertical in the water column than a back-inflate BC. That means more drag, and more effort, which means more air consumption and shorter bottom times.

It's hard to say without using it, but the zippered pocket looks fairly easy to use compared to others I've seen.

The stainless steel d-rings are good too, but it doesn't look like there's any way to reposition them if you don't like where Dacor put them (which I don't).

I'm not sure what advantage the backplate is supposed to offer in a jacket, but if that's a selling point for you, I'd recommend looking at a simple webbing harness with a backplate and wing. In that configuration, it makes a lot of sense.

The RAV is not weight integrated, so if you use it, you'll be wearing a belt.

Size XS SM MD LG XL
True Lift (lbs) 11 17 24 26 31

The lift should be adequate for diving single tanks, but you won't be able to continue using this BC if you get into diving doubles. It also looks like rigging stage/pony bottles would be difficult due to the positioning of the rings.

At under $200 new though, it's hard to argue with the price.

I'd say it looks like a fairly decent starter BC, but if you want to start diving avidly, I think you'll outgrow it pretty quickly.

well O it is looking good, nice to see you joined. See you around.
Matt

Back
Top Bottom