Weight Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Morg_NZ:
What type and sort is the "best weight " belt or harness to get?????:wink:

A question are you ummm a balloon shape or slender?

I use a sea quest one hand release and find it a great belt but find harness to be over complicated and get in the way under my bcd.

Morg,

I use the DUI harness for four reasons:

(1) It is very comfortable to have the weight up off of my lower back and hips. (In fact, it is great!)

(2) I like the capability of changing out weight easily, since I shift back and forth between OC and CCR. Both hard (boat) and soft (personal) weights drop right in.

(3) One half of the weight can be ditched very easily.

(4) The weights come off with handles attached, and are easy to hand up to the deck-hand if necessary.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

scubadoguk:
A question are you ummm a balloon shape or slender?

I use a sea quest one hand release and find it a great belt but find harness to be over complicated and get in the way under my bcd.
Slim

Morg_NZ:
I figure the harness is better if you need a lot of weight or have a back problem as a Friend once said can't put a belt on a balloon, so the question about slim or other.
I find with good weight distribution a harness is not needed I use a steel 100 a wb with 10 lb for salt, or 6 for fresh, zip for weight for a backplate.
just a thought.

DUI makes two harnesses. Go to their website to look at them. www.dui-online.com

I have their original model that has since been modified. I like it and find it very comfortable.

scubadoguk:
I find with good weight distribution a harness is not needed---

Whether it is "needed" or not, it is extremely comfortable! (Much more so than a weight belt could ever be, by its design alone.) See also my four points above.

BigJetDriver69:
Whether it is "needed" or not, it is extremely comfortable! (Much more so than a weight belt could ever be, by its design alone.) See also my four points above.
That is the great thing about opinion everybody's got one, your points made a nice read thanks.

Back
Top Bottom