Aeris Atmos Sport BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll fire off the usual intial questions we have to help answer your question:
  1. What type of diving are you doing now and what do you see yourself getting into (as in more advanced) over the next few years? Include information on where you are diving and how often.
  2. How did you come to narrow your selections down to this make/model?
  3. Did you have a budget in mind? (as in how much were you planning on spending the BC) If so, how much?
  4. Are you totally set on the BC you are asking about? Or are you willing to hear other suggestions based upon the answers to the questions above?
Once we get the answers to these questions, we can better answer your question.

Hi Mike,
Here are the answers:

1-I am planning on doing recreational dives for at least two years, and then maybe go technical. I dive manly with one tank

2-I live in Brazil and I can´t find as many different types of BCs here as I do in the US. I do not want to order on-line a BC without trying it on. I´ve looked in almost all of our local stores (about 20) and this one doesn´t look expensive for what it is.

3-Yes! I have a budget in mind. This BC costs about 230US$ I intend to spend 350US$ maximum. that´s because I still want to buy a regulator with octo e gauges (apeks -400US$), and a computer (suunto mosquito - 300US$).

4-I am not set at all! I am here looking for sugestions. I read a lot of posts talking about the wing/BP BCs but I don´t think they are for me yet. I do a lot of traveling so I need a light and small BC. I might buy a wing when the right time comes.

well, I think that´s all. Thanks for helping already.

Fabito

POSSIBLY I CAN HELP YOU OUT HERE AS WE HAVE THE ATMOS SPORT IN OUR RENTAL LINE. THEY APPEAR TO BE A WELL CONSTRUCTED ENTRY LEVEL BCD WITH SOME PRETTY GOOD FEATURES FOR A BCD IN THIS PRICE RANGE STAINLESS STEEL D-RINGS AND SHOULDER DUMP VALVE. SO FAR OUR STUDENTS SEEM TO FIND THEM VERY COMFORTABLE. WE WILL REALLY PUT THEM TO THE TEST WHEN WE START DOING OPEN WATER DIVES IN MAY.

Thanks Fred!

As soon you have more information on this BC write me! I am probably buying it next month.

Fabito

I know I'm reviving an old thread, however I am curious if anyone has any experience with this same BCD, as I'm considering purchasing one.

GlockDiver once bubbled...
I know I'm reviving an old thread, however I am curious if anyone has any experience with this same BCD, as I'm considering purchasing one.

I was under the impression that Aeris made decent products until I came across this BC. What's wrong with it?

1. Very uncomfortable even for a jacket style
2. Inflator valve has a very poor flow
3. It could use another remote dump valve, I could not dump trapped air regardless of whatever position you're in.
4. Cheap feeling!
5. Optional integrated weight is a joke, badly positioned and adds to discomfort. I don't know how easy it is to release them. I didn't want to try anyway!
6. It could use another couple of D rings, the existing rings are poorly positioned.
7. The fit is strange, you can't really adjust the jacket to get a secure feeling.

Aeris should discontinue this line immediately. The BC is an embaressment. I guess it works good as a rental, makes the customer seriously consider buying something else. I don't recall trying anything nearly as bad. It is a shame because the other stuff they make are great products. Spend a couple of more bucks and get decent BC.

In the same price range is the Dive Rite Rec Pac which is what I ended up getting my wife since she wanted a non-weight-integrated, non-back inflate BC. The other options we considered could only be had at a substantially higher price.

I too have been impresses at what Aeris has had to offer. I almost purchased an Atmos XT bc for yself before getting my Deep Outdoors Matrix. I am glad we never really considered the Atmos Sport if it is not up to the same quality as the rest of their gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom