adding D-rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadude17

Reaction score
I was just wondering if I could add a D-ring or 2 to my jacket style bc i saw some that might work at the Lds. The D-rings I saw looked like this..... The D-ring in a loop of weight belt material with the D-ring sewn in place at the bottom. Could i just get those then run 2 or 3 of the plastic zip ties through the loop to hold them in place where i want them on my Bc would that work:confused:

would it work ? probably

What BC do you have ? do you really need more D rings ?

Tech divers carry a hell of alot of equipment and they do it with 3 or 4 d rings, how many D rings are one your bc?

Andy

I have 2 small plastic ones one the bottom of each side i wanted 1 or 2 up higher for my light and whatever. For my light i have a coil lanyard and i like clipping it off 1 high one low so D-rings would make it easier. I also carry a tool bag with an over the shoulder holder and want somewhere higher to clip it in to keep it in place I dive alot of Nj wrecks
thanks again

Originally posted by Scubadude17
I have 2 small plastic ones one the bottom of each side

I dive alot of Nj wrecks
Greetings Scubadude17 and welcome to ScubaBoard...

Since you dive a lot of wrecks you probably see a lot of other wreck divers on boats and stuff.

What do the other NJ wreckers do for D rings?

Hey scubadude 17,

I used to dive NJ wrecks all the time (moved to MA) off the Diversion II and Eagles Nest. Are the two plastic D-rings you are have on ends of the shoulder straps? If you want to add more D-rings, you may want to sew them onto the BC or look at getting a BP/Harness.

Regarding the Tool Bag - do you have it rigged with a rope and caribeaner coming off the tank valve?

Thanks
Eric

Back
Top Bottom