zeagle tech question, PLEASE HELP ME

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubachris82

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I am currently diving a zeagle tech bc, and although I like it, it has one issue that I was hoping someone could help me with. The point where the wing attaches to the harness is extremely loose. I've tried tightening it up, but halfway through the dive it loosens again. This is a pain in the butt, as my tank rolls around on my back during the dive. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if they do, what they did about it.

Thanks for your help,
Chris

scubachris82:
Hi,

I am currently diving a zeagle tech bc, and although I like it, it has one issue that I was hoping someone could help me with. The point where the wing attaches to the harness is extremely loose. I've tried tightening it up, but halfway through the dive it loosens again. This is a pain in the butt, as my tank rolls around on my back during the dive. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if they do, what they did about it.

Thanks for your help,
Chris

did you try adding an additional triglide to lock the straps?

I have a "Tech" and have never had this problem. It sounds more like an issue with your tank straps. The wing should play no part in keeping it from "rolling". Could you give me a bit better description of what's going on ???

The Kraken:
I have a "Tech" and have never had this problem. It sounds more like an issue with your tank straps. The wing should play no part in keeping it from "rolling". Could you give me a bit better description of what's going on ???

I too need more information to help you out man. Like The Kraken said, it seems odd to say the wing is the thing causing the tank to "roll". However, this probably does not help you explain how the bolts would become loostened again. As for that, have you torqued them down tight? If not, the shifting of gear could cause it to unscrew and eventually loosten dramatically. Hope this helps.

if you are expecting the tech wing to sandwich the tank tightly, it's just not gonna happen. The tank will roll to some extent on a traditional bcd. Just the nature of the beast. Yank your cam straps tight on the tank, and it'll reduce roll as much as possible.

my Zeagle tech always feels like something is loose back there, Seaquest black diamond feels similar but not as bad. i am going to try the back/plate/harness/wing setup next, i will keep trading in search of the perfect one.

it's not the wing itself that feels loose, it's where it connects to the harness system. It is impossible to tighten up the harness to the wing to the point where everything feels stable, and doesn't roll. I've tried every adjustment using the webbing, but nothing seems to work.

Chris

Since I've been here, I've seen a lot of post about divers e-baying their Zeagle and going to a BP/wing.
With a BP/wing you won't have any tank rolling.

speaking of, does anybody need an xl zeagle tech? I have one sitting in my basement with about 30 dives on it. I went the way of the bp/wing, and its finally stable. Plus no worries with air entrapment in one side of wing anymore from me rolling around.

Hey, BCsean,
Keep it. You can remove the wing and use it for doubles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom