My BP Failed !!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mandy3206

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Yes buddies, My SS BP failed last friday, on the second dive, I experienced some minor movement in my tank, so I grabbed the tank butt and noticed that it was loose, imediately realized that the wing nuts in the STA where loose.
I signaled my buddy and he tightened them for me in a sec.

Later evaluation confirmed that since the boat operator changed tanks (required by the boat operator), I didn't performed the last minute gear check, so I didn't notice the loose wingnuts, it boils down to my mistake.

I learned from this episode 3 lessons:

1- Never let anyone set your gear for you.

2- Allways perform the last minute check, even if you assembled your gear.

3- Never get in that boat again (they let you assemble at the dock, but they must change tanks at the dive site due to boat rock).

I'm confused as to how your BP failed...

btw... you can tighten your wingnuts underwater yourself, just loosen the waist strap a bit.

Thanks 1BG, I never thought about that, another trick learned.

btw... you can tighten your wingnuts underwater yourself, just loosen the waist strap a bit.

So did your buddy do a ventriloquist's dummy trick on you to get at your nuts or did you remove, tighten and don again? I give my nuts one quick tweak before the dive. Still dont see how the BP or STA failed you - now if it snapped in half maybe :wink:

Mandy3206:
Yes buddies, My SS BP failed last friday, on the second dive, I experienced some minor movement in my tank, so I grabbed the tank butt and noticed that it was loose, imediately realized that the wing nuts in the STA where loose.
I signaled my buddy and he tightened them for me in a sec.

Later evaluation confirmed that since the boat operator changed tanks (required by the boat operator), I didn't performed the last minute gear check, so I didn't notice the loose wingnuts, it boils down to my mistake.

I learned from this episode 3 lessons:

1- Never let anyone set your gear for you.

2- Allways perform the last minute check, even if you assembled your gear.

3- Never get in that boat again (they let you assemble at the dock, but they must change tanks at the dive site due to boat rock).

Id say you failed.

eastcoastdiver:
Id say you failed.

Exacltly, I just though that the anti BP can have fun, there is no way a SS BP can fail, it's the diver what fails with these kind of gear.

Scubakevdm:
I'm told this helps pass lie detector tests as well.
I've never told a lie....

simbrooks:
I've never told a lie....
Of course not... it's just a bit of lie detector trivia I happen to know about, the result of a colorful childhood. Congratulations by the way Simon!

We now return to your regularly scheduled backplate failure thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom