Transpac II setup question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tchil01

Reaction score
Ok, dumb question time. I bought a Transpac II and Rec Wings at the Beneath the Sea dive show. I have a couple questions about rigging this BC. First, the Transpac cam with a couple of plastic screws and two SS screws which I assume are replacements for the plastic ones. Since I am diving with a single steel 120s, do the screws hold the wing to the BC, or does the tank hold the wings together. The manual has a lot of info about setting up doubles, but is a little weak in the set up for singles.

Also, I bought the ditchable weight pouches. I dive with quite a bit of weight so I was wondering if it was better to put all of the weight in the pockets, or to split it up between the pockets and a belt. I'm still diving in a wet suit so I don't use ankle weights or anything like that.

Thanks

Ty

Ty

I have a Transpac II also with Rec Wings. I never use the screws, not even diving with doubles (steel). In this situation I have the longer straps which hold both tanks perfectly.

In what concerns the weights I would advice you to get the DR bags to keep the weights in the pockets, mainly if you use a lot.

Sue

The plastic screws are just to make people feel better. You can take them out and use wire ties or nothing.
I've been in with 36lbs in the pockets, it sucks. There are some small D-rings in the back that you can use for mounting some non ditchable weight, then some in the pockets, then maybe a belt. Great way to mess with your balance and spread things around. Also , if you're not use to back inflation you'll like some weight on your rear when at the surface.

good luck don O.

Wings just sit between the harness and the tank, no screws and works great.

On the weight. I put some weight in the pockets but also bought the diverite 4-lb trim weights (8lbs total) . Attached em to the d-rings in backwith a few stainless steel quicklinks. Distributed my weight MUCH better!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom