Sound off!! Whats your favorite BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halcyon "Pioneer" (for singles) BP/Wing

If there were no such company, I would probably try the below:

Zeagle "Ranger"
Aqualung "Malibu" (most everyone who owns it likes it) $279.00 too :wink:
DUI "Delta"

OK I guess I'll jump in...

My favorite BC is guess what, my Backplate, Wing, and single piece webbing harness. Wait, before I get a lot of flak about the BP/W let me explain WHY I like the system.

Is it the plate? No, not particularly. The plate is comfortable, sure, but not anything particularly different than my Zeagle Ranger LTD. Actually the Zeagle is more comfortable out of the water and roughly the same in comfort in the water when you are considering the part on my back.

The wing? Again no, the back inflate on my BP/W and the Zeagle are the same basic designs. They are different sizes so there are some differences there but that can be adjusted on either platform so again, no real difference there.

It must be the harness! Bingo! The simple one piece harness is by far more comfortable than anything I have ever been in the water with. Now, having said this you need to understand that I make the clear distinction of comfort IN the water. Out of the water the Zeagle is far more comfortable, and in the water it is not bad, but compared to the single piece harness it just comes up short.

First you need to understand why I like the one piece harness. I was on a quest for a less cluttered gear configuration, the BP/W and one piece harness were perfect, one buckle and a only 3 "D" rings. The surpprising thing is there are plenty of places to hook on what I need, but only what I NEED. There are not extra buckles, padding, clips, built in retractors, or any other stuff I don't need. Minnimalist, yes. Spartan, yes. What I like, yes.

By the way, for those who jump in and blast the BP/W posters, remember, I am answering an open ended question with specific reasons. Not just saying "BP/W" and leaving it at that.

Mark Vlahos

Scubakevdm:
British Columbia!

My favorite as well! :wink:

Next would have to be my Oxycheq Signature wing with Koplin BP.

Zeagle Ranger LTD - it's soooooooooo comfortable...

Oceanic Probe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom