• OMS

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • Zeagle

Votes: 20 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 47 14.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarrett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm just curious as its hard to get a gauge just reading through the posts.

Who's your favorite BP/W maker and if you feel like it, tell us why as well. If you mix and match plates and wings (or use another manufacturer), please check other and provide info on that setup and preferably why you went that route.

i've only tried Halcyon and Dive Rite, and Halcyon is my favorite for wings

the plates are basically the same

Oxycheq wing, because they actually made the wing I was imagining. (Mach V)
Abysmal BP, because they had a fire sale.

evad:
Oxycheq wing, because they actually made the wing I was imagining.
I like Oxy because I think they give you the most bang for the buck with a traditional design. A plate's a plate for the most part, but I got an Abyss too.

I've also used Halcyon and DiveRite wings. I like Halcyon's wing a lot, and use one for single tank dives. I liked the Dive Rite Rec wing until I tried another one, then I realized it wasn't for me and immediately sold it on eBay.

You aren't going to get a ton of information from people who have actually used very many different brands. I know for myself, I have a Deep Sea Supply singles wing and a Deep Outdoors doubles wing, and aside from those two, I've only ever tried one other wing. I like what I have, but I have no idea if I would like something else better.

I voted for DSS, though, because I don't think you can beat Tobin's customer service. Whether it's for me or for my friends I've referred to them, DSS just goes the extra mile.

I like Fred T's plates, I have 3 of them.
For singles I have Dive-Rite and Halcyon wings. I prefer the Halcyon. For Doubes I've only used a Dive-Rite Classic wing, works fine.

A plate is pretty much a plate. I've used several OMS plates and several Deep Outdoors plates. I currently have two OMS plates and one Deep Outdoors plate.

I've tried 4 different OMS wings and 3 Deep Outdoors wings. I mostly prefer the OMS stuff. I really lke my Larry Green Sig wing from OMS. I have two of their 32# donuts and a 60# doubles wing, too.

I saw Tobin's stuff at DEMA. It looked really good. I also really liked the Oxycheq stuff I saw there, too.

Back
Top Bottom