Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversteve26

Registered
Reaction score
I just registered with the group. Had some question on new BCD choices, recommendations; around the $500 range, have an almost unused Henderson full wet suit and farmer john that I got to heavy for, or it shrunk, or probably both. It was XL but probably now a med or large, was hoping to swap, sell, or what ever. Just finishing up DM course in Norwalk CT. Hot day here in CT...

Hi Steve and welcome to SB, I dive with the ScubaPro Knighthawk and it fits my needs quite well.
David

Moved from Introductions & Greets.

By all means, please look at a back plate and wing. If your local dive store doesn't have one someone here can hook you up. You'll be doing yourself a big favor to at least consider it.

Welcome to Scubaboard!!

The wing is the floatation part of the kit, kinda like the wing on a back inflate BCD like the Knighthawk.

the wing is the air bladder. The back plate ties everything together. It's the foundation to which everything else connects to. It's a simple straight through concept actually. If you decide it's not for you, that's OK, but you'll be doing yourself a real service to see a real live set-up someplace. I have no doubt that there are people who are close to you who could show one to you.

Ok, I was under the impression that BCD's came with the bladder and backplate already. I haven't seen any that didn't.

BrianS:
Ok, I was under the impression that BCD's came with the bladder and backplate already. I haven't seen any that didn't.

makes two of us! Downgrade me to inexperienced!!!

Back
Top Bottom