XS Scuba weight belt threading?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zbskii

Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have the black plastic buckle? If so, don't bother figuring out how to thread it. Go to your LDS and buy a nice metal buckle.

I had trouble getting mine threaded properly, too. But worse, I had problems with it slipping, and actually lost my weight belt once (thank goodness for crotch straps, so I didn't do a ballistic missile impression). Replaced it with a Scubapro metal buckle which was easy to thread and hasn't slipped one bit.

Can't say as I'm an authority on webbing a weight belt buckle. I've seen buckles with two and three slots ( I only use metal) and none of them would accept two layers through one slot. Usually as long as it reverses direction and exits on the same side as it entered, it seems unlikely to slip unless the webbing itself is some odd stuff.

I've seen many a weight belt where the webbing just weaves back and forth and doesn't reverse and none of them ever seemed close to slipping either. Personally if it were my own I'd weave so it reversed.

Dennis

Hi zbskii:
Check out the attached images for the correct weaving of our weight belt buckle. I'll try to add this information to our website for others with this question. I never though of putting this information on the website before as the weight belts are shipped with the buckle in place. This buckle isn't cheap plastic, we have it custom injection molded from Delrin material. It's made for a correct fit with our 2" webbing that is relatively thick (.100"). Most of our customers find that the Delrin weight buckle more then meets their needs. We do offer a metal weight belt buckle with depth compensation, that can be viewed here:http://xsscuba.com/weight_access.html

BuoyantC:
Ok after wrestling around with it for 45 minutes I give up. How do I thread the buckle? I was trying to follow:

Great! Thanks! I undid the buckle to re-adjust the belt. I don't really like the webbing passing through the buckle mechanisim, as then there's a double layer of webbing making it difficult to close the buckle; but I'll try it out this way.

I too was skeptical of the durability of the derlin buckle until last night, when I threaded the webbing in such a way that I couldn't get it out of the buckle, so I undid it and stuck it between my feet and yanked as hard as I could. The buckle was fine and the webbing came out. I'll take plastic over steel any day; it never oxidizes.
-Brett

XS Scuba:
Hi zbskii:
Check out the attached images for the correct weaving of our weight belt buckle. I'll try to add this information to our website for others with this question. I never though of putting this information on the website before as the weight belts are shipped with the buckle in place. This buckle isn't cheap plastic, we have it custom injection molded from Delrin material. It's made for a correct fit with our 2" webbing that is relatively thick (.100"). Most of our customers find that the Delrin weight buckle more then meets their needs. We do offer a metal weight belt buckle with depth compensation, that can be viewed here:http://xsscuba.com/weight_access.html

Back
Top Bottom