BCD's want a new one what's best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,
I just joined. I've been diving for 25 years about 700 dives all over the world. I've had a Decor for 15 years and thought it time for something new. What's the best, simple, comfortable, easy, I warm water dive? How about the Sea Quest for woman or the Back inflator model (sometimes my legs go forward up on safety stops, I'm also very bouyant). What's good about back inflators? I'm on my way to Belize in April.
Thanks for your help.

Welcome aboard!

Everything is a preference. Some say backplate DIR only, others will say back inflate is the best, and then some swear by their jacket style. I can say it is a myth with the back inflates on the surface that it will push your onto your face. We have no problem at all controlling our back inflates on the surface.

What I like about the back inflate for one it is very comfortable. Fairly minimalistic. No squeeze from filling the BC. Weight integrated is my personal preference, especially when diving off a small boat where we need to put our BC's on/off in the water. Seems to me like it is also easier to keep level under the water aka trim. Try one, you might just like it.

I must admit I am confused as your profile says male yet you are asking about a womans BC?

Here is the forum for BC's
http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

This is a recent thread coving a particular brand of back inflate. The Zeagle's are very popular also. Scubatoys advertised at the top of this board is a retailer for them.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=131754

Read up from the forums, try them before if you can. Often the LDS will let you try them in the pool. Good luck!

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

My wife and I both really like our Zeagle Rangers...My son like his Zeagle escape. Quality construction, comfortable, and adjustability are just some qualities that made it an easy decision for us.

Ut oh here come the BP/W guys......LOL just joking

One word.

ZEAGLE

I have a Ranger. I want a Brigade....too.

It was funny watching my son ask Larry about different BCD's at ScubaToys and having him tell the good and bad about all of them. Everyone he asked about, Larry would point out that if he punctured the bladder he had to get a new BC. Larry kept telling him that if you do that with a Zeagle...just get a new bladder.
He is getting a Zeagle. Sometimes he is hard headed.

1_T_Submariner:
My wife and I both really like our Zeagle Rangers...My son like his Zeagle escape. Quality construction, comfortable, and adjustability are just some qualities that made it an easy decision for us.

Ut oh here come the BP/W guys......LOL just joking

Did someone say BP/W... LOL!

A bp/w is a great simple setup (at least it works for me) but if you have so many dives under your belt which bcs have you tried and what seemed to work best for you?

There is no such thing as the best bc but find one that is the best for you.
http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/buoyancy_compensators/best_bcs_for_women/

Since, you dive warm waters, you don't need anything with too much lift and if are willing to consider a bp/w a simple Alu plate/30 lbs wing with a comfort harness might be ok...ok ok, you guys can start the bp/w bashing now LOL!

Heck at least on my trips I have always walked around the hotel room with soggy carpets watching my buddies bc dry. My bp/w dries real quick and it doesn't soak up the sea like a sponge LOL!

Food for thought,

SangP

Scubapro Ladyhawk is worth a looksee. The ladyhawk is a great back-inflate BC - very stable and comfortable. Dump valves are very convenient, and the cumerbund adjusts at depth. My wife loves her Ladyhawk.

Back
Top Bottom