Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mares Dragon

Registered

is still waiting for the
    Avengers to Assemble

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos

Mares Dragon

Does anyone have any experience with this BC? I'm looking at this and the Sherwood Axis

Registered

Has not set a "status"

We've sold a fair number of them so far, and people have been very positive. I tried it in the pool, and I like it for a jacket style BC, but I'm a little more of a back inflate guy myself.

Overall, we are selling a more of the standard than the Air Trim dragons, as if looking for the air trim, the customers are normally just snapping up the LE Metal Air trim bc, since those are in a sub 400 price point with the air trim, and really what the dragon was designed after.
    The one with the moist toys wins!
    (972) 820-7667 Toll Free (877) 728-2243
    Scuba Gear & Diving Equipment

Registered

is still waiting for the
    Avengers to Assemble

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos

Has anyone else used the Dragon?

Anyone, Anyone, ...Bueler?

Equipment Manufacturer

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos
    Steely,

Here is a heads up. The Dragon BCD is a "testers choice" BCD in the August edition of Scuba Diving magazine. This is a great bc and an exceptional value considering all of the features and benefits this bc has relative to similar or more expensive BCD's.

Good diving to you,
    Zak O'Hara
    District Sales Manager
    Mares Diving
    www.mares.com

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    I have owned a dragonfly airtrim BC for about 4 years and love it . It is really well made and I like the combo jacket & back buoyancy

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by scubatoys
    Overall, we are selling a more of the standard than the Air Trim dragons, as if looking for the air trim, the customers are normally just snapping up the LE Metal Air trim bc, since those are in a sub 400 price point with the air trim, and really what the dragon was designed after.
    Arrrrrggghhhh...you would have to throw a monkey wrench into my plans ... My wife and I had pretty much settled on the Dragon, now I see this LE Metal w/ air trim. What are the differences between that and the Dragon? I like how the BC kind of 'wraps around' the tank in the back on the Dragon - does the LE Metal have that?

Dang, now I have something else to obsess over....

David
    ALWAYS..no, wait...NEVER hold your breath...

Registered

is still waiting for the
    Avengers to Assemble

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos
    I just tried out the Dragon BC for the first time, and I am glad I bought it. It is very comfortable. Great padding in the shoulder and back. Fit like a dream. I had to walk quite a distance geared up and the back padding made a world of difference. I knew the weight was there, but couldn't feel the tank, which never moved an inch during the dive. I had no problems getting horizontal, like other jacket styles. The weight pockets are a little sticky for dumping weight. The only down side is that all the padding makes the BC a little heavy, but not any more than other similar jacket style BCs

Registered

Has not set a "status"

I bought the LE Metal BC from Scubatoys a couple months ago. I have just returned from one month of Diving In SE Asia and other than for the BS being a bit heavy when being carried in my luggage, I love this BSC.
    It is very confortable, plenty of space in the pockets. Once I got a hang of the Airtrim, I just can t think of using another BC. My favorite is being able to trim in any position.

Registered

Cozumel Living

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by steely123
    Does anyone have any experience with this BC? I'm looking at this and the Sherwood Axis
    ScubaLab's newly published review choose the Mares Dragon #1 jacket style BC's.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    I've been diving it every weekend for the last month and I really like it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast