Dive rite transpac II with Rec wings - assembly question/recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasean

Contributor
Reaction score
I have the combo listed above, and the wings/transpac and cummerbund are all affixed tightly together....

However, for some reason, the top of my wings, in the water, always seem to be elevated with respect to how they are on land prior to the dive. This means that the top of the wing is often slightly below the top of my head....

Should the six grommets on the wing necessarily be matched with the six grommets on the transpac? Seems so, and this is how I have them...

Any ideas as to what I did wrong?

Tightening the bungie cord seemed to help a bit in the last dive....But the problem persists...

The only Dive rite dealer near me seldom has them in stock, and they didn't seem much help when asking them the questions.....They were enthusiastic, and appeared that they wanted to help, so I don't think it was a not-bought-here issue.

Please provide suggestions, if you can...

Cheers,

Sean

Just take it down to the LDS where you bought it and get them to show you how.
Dive-Rite used to have assembly instructions available for download on the internet but it looks like they've taken that off their site.
When I bought mine it came with a booklet with assembly instructions.
E.

Shoot leadweight a PM if he doesn't see this thread - he's the Transpac II man around here.

Thanks Ben...
===========================

Epinephelus: I appreciate your recommendation to go to the LDS where I bought it...Sometimes the plane ticket just isn't worth it...I could buy a new one for cheaper...

What I am hoping for is suggestions/solutions from the knowledgeable readers here....

scubasean:
Thanks Ben...
===========================

Epinephelus: I appreciate your recommendation to go to the LDS where I bought it...Sometimes the plane ticket just isn't worth it...I could buy a new one for cheaper...

What I am hoping for is suggestions/solutions from the knowledgeable readers here....

I work for an authorized DR dealer we regularly have this question.
The answer is that the three holes on the pac do not all have to line up with the three holes on the wings if you are diving with dual tanks. They can be offset to adjust trim or comfort. But with single tank you are more limited by camstrap routing.
hope this helps
ScubaMilo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom