Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Canister light on ranger bc

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499

Canister light on ranger bc

As the title says I'm twisting my mind to figure out a way to mount a large canister light to my ranger other than between the doubles on my back. The canister is similar to the halcyon pro 14. Any ideas?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    Just a thought, but is it possible to rig it horizontally along the bottom, sort of like a butt plate?

Jeff
    Unless otherwise noted, the writings above are my opinion, nothing more.

Chief Photojournalist Advanced Diver Magazine
    Scuba Columnist, Club Med Insider
    My Website Atomic Pirate
    Explore ADM Exploration Foundation

Registered

vessel, offshore Charleston SC

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Blog Entries
    I have one of the short canisters. It's about 6" long and 5" in diameter. I use a metal ring (like a key ring) and a metal hook (like for a boat). I hook mine to one of the lower rings and just let it hang.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Taylor View Post
    I have one of the short canisters. It's about 6" long and 5" in diameter. I use a metal ring (like a key ring) and a metal hook (like for a boat). I hook mine to one of the lower rings and just let it hang.
    Yeah, I thought on that too. I watched some of the sea hunter's videos on youtube, and where they dive the wilhelm gustloff it looks like they mounted the canisters like you're describing. The canisters were large as well, so maybe that would work.