Andrea Doria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
I just heard a rumor from a friend that Gary Gentile (whom I believe has over 1000 dives on the Doria (?) dives an OMS 94# bungeed wing? It that true?

My friend says that he just saw some pics taken recently of Gentile sporting these wings.

I'm wondering if Gary has ever experienced any issues with the bungees and punctures?

??????

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
I just heard a rumor from a friend that Gary Gentile (whom I believe has over 1000 dives on the Doria (?) dives an OMS 94# bungeed wing? It that true?

My friend says that he just saw some pics taken recently of Gentile sporting these wings.

I'm wondering if Gary has ever experienced any issues with the bungees and punctures?

??????
And your point being? Mr Troll

No, but a lot of non-DIR divers have died on that wreck :eek:ut:

Mike, get over the fact that a certain segment of the diving community just don't like bungeed wings. Obviously other segments of the diving community do. There's other issues in diving besides what brand of wing you use.

Troll?

Just curious if a guy that has over - what is it - 100's of dives on the Doria - hasn't been hurt by the BWOD?

Guess its 1 to zip, huh on the scoreboard?

Maybe this will put an end to the infamous BWOD jokes, huh?

Hey Taat2d what do ya think?

:D

Scubaroo,
Well that’s fine that some like 'em and some don't - just don't be making false accusations for gear if they don't exist.

If your gonna imply that a particular piece of gear is dangerous - your gonna have to be able to PROVE that its not just conjecture and real fact.

Fact IS guys, DIR-ers, etc that bungee wings have killed NO ONE and present no dangerous issue(s) to the diver.

And that’s the last statement I'll make on this board with DIR-ers, militants or otherwise.

Point made.

OMS rock on!
:D

Fact IS guys, DIR-ers, etc that bungee wings have killed NO ONE and present no dangerous issue(s) to the diver.
Lemme see, forgot her name, Jane Omerind? Bungees were a contributing factor in her death.

And at any point in time in the US there's thousands of drunk drivers on the roads that don't get into accidents. Therefore, drunk driving is safe.

Hmmmm, perhaps a slight flaw in that reasoning.

Roak

Just curious if a guy that has over - what is it - 100's of dives on the Doria - hasn't been hurt by the BWOD?

Maybe this will put an end to the infamous BWOD jokes, huh?
Not likely.

Your logic is as faulty as someone who says that they are unsafe because some guy named George says so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom