Aqualung LIBRA or Zuma???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeinla

Registered
Reaction score
My girlfriend needs to buy a new BCD. We went to the scuba show last weekend in Long Beach. She tried on the Libra and Zuma and those seemed to fit the best but not perfect. She is 5' 4", 120 Lbs., D-cup. Any other suggestions???? The Libra comes with the Aqualung secondary air source, the Zuma comes with regular inflater(will put on SS1 if we get this one)

If they both seemed to fit her then the next question to answer is what kind of diving will she be doing. The Zuma is intended to be a travel BCD at warm water dive locations. The Libra is good for multiple types of diving. I travel with mine everywhere and have been in water down into the 40s in a dry suit all the way to water in the upper 80s in my swimsuit.

If you are only going to be in warm water and primarily traveling with it, then the Zuma might be a better choice. If you're going to be doing all types of diving in multiple exposure suits then the Libra might be a better fit.

I have 2 BC's - the Zuma which as stated above is great for travelling and warm water dives.

I also have the Aqualung Pearl I3 which I love. I have used it in both warm and cold waters including with my dry suit and it is very comfortable. Although slightly heavier than your girlfriend it sounds like we are of similar build especially in the chest wall area so give the I3 a try . It allows more flexibility in terms of what you dive. I used it on my first trip to Australia and it wasn't that cumbersome to travel with either.

Have fun.

I love my Zuma but it really is a dedicated warm water BCD. If you never dive a dry suit, it should work very well for you and it is incredibly streamlined. Simple and no frills in the best possible way.

Back
Top Bottom