Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Adding a backplate to my ranger LTD ?

Registered

Settin up the meg!, sorting
    poseidon reg sets by purty
    colors

Dives
    500 - 999

Adding a backplate to my ranger LTD ?

I dive with a ranger LTD for my single 120s and have considered switching to BP&W setup for my doubles. (they are a little unstable on my ranger)

The Zeagle site recommends Bolting a BP to the Ranger BCD to improve stability when used with doubles.

I've seen lots of folks dive BP&W and lots of folks dive BCDs but never a BCD with a BP.

anyone done this?
    Last edited by Sean326; December 22nd, 2003 at 11:41 AM.
    work hard, play hard, he who dives with the most toys wins

GDI
    Artificer of Havoc & Kaos

Active

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos
    I use to do this with the Zeagle tech harness, very similar to the ranger harness. I needed to remove the back lumbar pad. Once the tank bands were lined up I simply placed the bcd over the bolt posts and sandwiched the bc with the BP. It really provided alot of stability for dbl's and worked very well. Get rid of the dbl length tank bands you will not need them.
    Arguing with an Army grunt is like wrestling with a pig, you both get dirty but the pig loves it!. I KNOW I"M A HARD ASS
    www.genesisdiving.com www.aquaticadventuresofflorida.com www.zeagleexpress.com
    PADI, SDI, TDI, NACD

Scuba Instructor

Wants to get in the water!!!

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    I tried it once with small doubles, and I didnt like it. The first chance I got, I bought a harness for the BP and a wing. I believe that a BP&W is the best way to dive doubles... Although I do know a few people who have the Ranger or the Tech and have had good luck diving with doubles... So, I guess try it out, and then see if you like it!!!
    Frank Lubold
    SSI Instructor (Retired)
    Authorized Service Technician
    Salesperson