hollis BP/W nedd an STA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phx-Rush

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm currently using a Halcyon SS BP/W with a weighted STA. I want to pick up A Hollis BP/W setup( I like my Halcyon for diving Alum 80's and 100's and for traveling) I want another rig as I just picked up a HP130 and would like another ( makes bug huntin easier, hate to go backin and switch tanks and try to find the little suckers again) but I don't like to change anything around. Since I have a little extra...... a new rig sounds good to me. So.... question do I need an STA for the Hollis setup?

Assuming you mean a Hollis plate and a Hollis wing then no - you don't need an STA. The current single tank wings both (there's a 25 and a 38 lb) have tank strap slots. However, The slots are just wide enough to fit the bands though. They may not line up with the slots in a non-Hollis plate. For references purposes I have both the AL and SS Hollis plates and thr 25 lb Hollis wing.

I have used my hollis BP/W both ways, with and without a STA. Works fine either way, I like it better with the tank closer to my back. The wings come with a velcroed tank stay that you can remove to install the STA (the halcyon STA fits the Hollis plates).

[there is a new line of hollis "LX" wings out, so the previous models are being closed out, I just bought a new S38 for $199].

[there is a new line of hollis "LX" wings out, so the previous models are being closed out, I just bought a new S38 for $199].

Interesting, here they are:

picshow1.asp

little too much red for my tastes. not sure how I feel about his part: "The LX design also includes a 360 degree internal retraction system" Guess it's a good thing I already have one :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom